Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Jan 21 8 p.m.

A long hard day on the road - Margaret River to Nannup. Again I expected everything to be desert 27 km out of big valley; it intersected with Sues road; no bitumen; lots of hills. I fish-tailed a fair bit and saw many kangaroos; heard even more. Pulled off on side of road for billy -couldn’t stay in the saddle any longer. Nannup has lavender farms and a river that can flood nearly 50 feet it regularly gets to twenty. Right now, I’m at a picturesque billabong with lots of birds. I’m very tired after my ride. It was the most athletic one yet. I’m camping next to some drying laundry – smells good.

1 comment:

Leah said...

Sounds like you have hit on a perfect combination of pain pancakes and pleasure syrup...or something. Very awesome! I wish for you the continuation of all good excitement, adventure, and really wild things, and I impatiently await you recounting more of your exploits from the other side of the internet.

Leah